- Media, Broadcasting & Entertainment Law
- Access 2 Australia
- Sports Law
- Honorary Solicitor for Palm Beach Surf Life Saving Club
- Honorary Solicitor for Burleigh Bowls Club
- Pro Bono Will Service for the Cancer Council
- Board of Friends of the Arts Foundation
- Gold Coast Eisteddfod
- CEO Sleepout Participants
- Legal Service Provider for the Gold Coast Innovation Hub
- Board of Southport Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteering for Women’s Legal Service Queensland
- Volunteering for My Community Legal
- Volunteering for RizeUp
Volunteering for RizeUp
Rizeup is a community driven organisation dedicated to supporting families affected by domestic and family violence. It is based on the Gold Coast but the services are spread throughout Queensland and looking to expand further.
Our family lawyers Sophie Pearson and Joelene Nel, support Rizeup by providing legal advice and services. McLaughlins Lawyers also raise awareness about the work of Rizeup and provide practical support, such as being a collection point for their Easter egg charity drive collection. Staff members of McLaughlins Lawyers have also been involved in Rizeup events, such as present wrapping at Christmas time etc.
Rizeup make a real difference in the lives of families who are affected by domestic violence by helping create new homes for victims fleeing violent households and supporting children in the healing process.
More information on Rizeup can be found on their website rizeup.com.au