- Honorary Solicitor for Palm Beach Surf Life Saving Club
- Honorary Solicitor for Burleigh Bowls Club
- Pro Bono Will Service for the Cancer Council
- Board of Friends of the Arts Foundation
- Gold Coast Eisteddfod
- CEO Sleepout Participants
- Legal Service Provider for the Gold Coast Innovation Hub
- Board of Southport Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteering for Women’s Legal Service Queensland
- Volunteering for My Community Legal
- Volunteering for RizeUp
Volunteering for Women’s Legal Service Queensland
McLaughlins family lawyers Head of Family Law, Joelene Nel, volunteers for the Women’s Legal Service Queensland. She gives her time to provide free legal advice to vulnerable woman who are victims of domestic violence in Queensland and help them make safe decisions after their relationship breakdown.
Joelene provides her volunteering services through the remote volunteering service where appointments are booked and then the lawyers give telephone advice. This means they can give free legal advice to help woman in crisis, wherever they may be located in Queensland.
Joelene is proud to be a part of this new initiative by Women’s Legal Service Qld, which is a growing service and gaining considerable interest from other community legal centres and government departments.
In Australia 1 in 4 women have experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner since the age of 15, McLaughlins lawyers realise this is a serious issue and it is why we support the Women’s Legal Service Queensland.
If you are interested in volunteering or need the support of Women’s Legal Service Queensland, please go to wlsq.org.au