McLaughlins Lawyers Step Up!
In a recent blog post Ian Kennedy, Director at McLaughlins Lawyers spoke about what community means to us at McLaughlins Lawyers.
Recently, Joelene Nel, a family lawyer at McLaughlins Lawyers competed in the River to Rooftop challenge, in support of Women’s Legal Services Queensland.
This event saw over 500 participants raise $120,000 to support women and children experiencing domestic violence. It involved climbing 55 flights, or 1,040 steps to the top of the iconic ONE ONE ONE Eagle Street skyscraper in Brisbane. Joelene’s teenage daughter teamed up with her in this challenge to help raise awareness and funds to ensure that women and children can reach a safer future. Not only that, but their 80s fashion trends helped them win best dressed!
The staff at McLaughlins Lawyers support the community and causes in many different ways, here are some of the great benefits of doing this:-
- It raises awareness about causes that you are interested in and are close to your heart.
- It creates joy by helping others who may be less fortunate and in need of support.
- It gives you an opportunity to get others on board, either other staff in the office, family or friends, and work together to help the local community.
- Money talks – raising funds for a great cause is always a positive feeling.
- Pushes your boundaries – it makes you do something that you haven’t done before, like sleeping on concrete (McLaughlins Lawyers participated in the CEO Sleep Out) or climbing 1040 steps.
The next time you meet or speak with a staff member at McLaughlins Lawyers you can find out from them which community organisations they are involved in.
If you require legal assistance please do not hesitate to contact McLaughlins Lawyers and speak to one of our highly-skilled lawyers today.
Author: Joelene Nel
Director: Sophie Pearson
Date: 6 September 2019