Consultant specialising in Litigation and Commercial
After 13 years as Managing Director of McLaughlins Lawyers, Ian has taken a step back to a Consultant and sold the business, leaving it in the capable hands of Paul Davis and Pip Davis.
Ian will remain involved in the business for the foreseeable future as a Consultant, continuing to share his wealth of knowledge with the firm.
Ian plays an active role in providing leadership to both our clients and McLaughlins’ growing team of legal minds.
His legal career began when he was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 1987.
He has practiced in both New Zealand and the United Kingdom before joining McLaughlins in 2001.
Ian brings his own extensive and broad litigation experience to all areas of the firm’s Litigation and Commercial Dispute Resolution division, including:-
- Commercial, commercial/property, leasing and retail shop leases, and residential conveyancing litigation;
- Insolvency and restructuring;
- Professional indemnity, general insurance and public liability insurance, acting on behalf of insurers as well as local authorities;
- General debt recovery, in all jurisdictions;
- Business and Partnership disputes;
- Estate litigation;
- Building and construction;
- Trade Practices and Consumer Protection;
- Intellectual Property;
- Body Corporate and Community Management Law;
- Company Law;
- Employment Law;
- Various other areas of general commercial litigation.
Ian’s worked has helped shape legal practice within the building and construction industry and defended Trade Mark litigation cases that had the potential to impact worldwide operations.
“Dear Ian, thank you for your support and advice, I will definitely be contacting you for any future legal advice and action where required.”
“Thank you Matt, Ian and the McLaughlin’s Team for your ongoing support, we truly appreciate it.”