Australia Expands the Global Talent Visa Program
Australia has expanded the range of sectors for the Global Talent Visa program and put the program in the fastest processing category.
The Global Talent visa allows holders to enter Australia without a travel exemption. Some visas are being granted in less than two weeks.
The program is available both to individuals and their families as well as businesses overseas and includes core senior personnel.
The program now includes the following sectors:
- Financial services
- Circular economy
- Infrastructure & tourism
- Food and beverage
- Clean energy & renewables
- Science & research
The program also still covers the original sectors which include:
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy & Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information
- Advanced Digital
- Data science & ICT
The government has set aside 15,000 places for the program and is unlikely to fill all the available places this financial year. The program is open to any new cutting-edge technology.
For individuals to qualify, they need to be:
- Able to make a significant contribution to technology in Australia;
- Have a PhD in one of the sectors above or be a world-class specialist in their field; or
- Entrepreneurial and have the ability to contribute significantly to the Australian economy.
For businesses to qualify under the scheme, they need to be able to:
- Set up a business in Australia as part of their operation
- Expand Australia’s technological base
- Invest in Australian businesses in their sector; or
- Create jobs in Australia in their sector.
To find out whether you or your business qualifies contact us now on (07) 5591 5099 for an online consultation.
Related Tag: Business Lawyer Gold Coast
Author: Sed Crest
Directors: Ian Kennedy & Sophie Pearson
Date: 26 August 2021